Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Searching in Sedona

Marija Potkonjak wrote an article for the Denver Tribune on September 1, 2007 in which she talked about some of the things people encounter when visiting Sedona. It is much as Yudhishtara talks about people spending a lot of time searching, looking for someone to tell them the answers. Below are a few interesting stories that Marija tells, but afterwards, please feel free to visit Yudhishtara’s website at www.yudhishtara.com and read a chapter or two from his free book, “The Beloved Mystery Within You”.


AURA PHOTOGRAPHY

Science is catching up to the New Age movement in Sedona. Some people want to see their auras (loosely defined as a vibration of color defining your personality type). After the vortex tour, I stop at Mystical Bazaar on Highway 89A. I want to see if my aura will be the same when it’s photographed.

Mystical Bazaar is one of several shops to offer aura photography. Sit in front of a computer with your hand on a biofeedback probe, and in a few minutes you’ll see your aura on a computer screen. A large aura indicates high energy levels, while a whole color scheme reveals your personality.

My aura flashes yellow and green initially. Baroni decides to leave me at the computer for 10 minutes so I can relax. Eventually my aura stabilizes and a vibrant swath of indigo surrounds me. The bunny and rainbow opt out of the photograph. For $35, I receive a 23-page report outlining their auras and chakra levels with bar charts and graphs.

“They like that they get a report so they can see everything in the computer,” says Masti Baroni, the owner of Mystical Bazaar. “Some are good, some are weird. You can see where you need to work and you can see what your personality type is.”

No comments: